Mango, Rum and Lime Syllabub
- 4 ginger biscuits, crushed
- 300ml double cream
- ½ vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 3 tbsp unrefined icing sugar
- 75ml rum, plus 4 tsp
- zest and juice of 4 limes
- 150ml tinned Alphonso mango purée (alternatively blitz fresh mangoes in a food processor)
- 2 Alphonso mangoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- desiccated coconut to sprinkle over the top
- mint leaves, to decorate (optional)
1. Put the ginger biscuits into a large plastic bag (a sandwich bag is ideal) and bash vigorously with a rolling pin until you have a bag of crumbs.
2. Using an electric whisk, lightly whip the double cream. Add the vanilla seeds, icing sugar, the 75ml of rum, lime juice and zest, reserving a little for decoration. Keep whisking until it forms light peaks. Add about one third of the mango purée and half the cubed mango and fold through for a marbled effect.
3. To assemble the syllabubs, divide the crumbs between 4 glasses. Sprinkle a teaspoon of rum over each and top with the rest of the mango purée. Spoon the cream over the top. Just before serving, sprinkle with desiccated coconut and reserved lime zest. Decorate with the mint leaves, if using.