White chocolate cheesecake
Looks rich and decadent but it’s as light as a feather, and so very simple to make! Add the glam touch with white chocolate curls and gold dragees, and that ultimate Christmas sparkle – edible gold glitter!
for the crust
- 165g (5½oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 65g (2½oz) butter, melted
for the filling
- 6 leaves gelatine
- 500g (1lb 2oz) half-fat crème fraîche
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (4oz) white chocolate, chopped
- 250g (9oz) ricotta cheese
- chocolate curls, gold dragees and edible glitter, to decorate (from cake decorating specialists)
- you will need
- 18cm (7in) springform cake tin,
- lightly oiled
a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Keep stirring! Now add the softened gelatine and the vanilla and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Leave it to cool.
a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whizz up the ricotta in a food processor until smooth, then add the melted chocolate and the cream mixture. Pour over the crumb base and place in the fridge to set, preferably overnight.
a cake stand and decorate. It will keep perfectly well decorated in the fridge
for 24 hours.
(14g saturated), 29g carbohydrate